Thursday, November 3, 2011

Drop Cloth Curtains

Yes, you might say I'm obsessed with curtains!!!  Every room needs them...they can be super expensive...and when I saw this idea I couldn't wait to try it!  Traci from "Beneath My Heart" was my inspiration!  She uses drop cloths for so many things from indoor curtains, slipcovers, you name it! 

Why did I like this idea?  They're pretty, cheap, durable, and already hemmed!  I will tell you though that drilling into stucco wasn't as easy as I thought!

This is what our back patio looked like the day we took possession of the house...





And here is what it looks like currently...



Using Traci's advice, I purchased my drop cloths at Home Depot.  These don't have a seam in the middle like the ones from Lowe's do.   I used the 9x12 size and they were $20 for the pair!!!!  That's cheaper than IKEA, folks! 

The nice man at Home Depot recommended that I use PVC for the rod since it's lightweight and made of plastic...no rusting!  He cut it for me and everything!  Great idea, until it wouldn't fit through the rings I bought.  So on to PLAN B.  I went back to Home Depot to get bigger rings.  There weren't any that were bigger that had concrete anchors to match!  Come on, Traci made it look so easy!

PLAN C (the next weekend).  I went out in the garage and saw a curtain rod that I had planned to use in the living room.  Spray painted it (after making sure it fit through my rings) and ta-da!

Before (silver rod)                                                       After (painted metallic bronze)



Okay, so I don't have a picture of my handy-man that had to come over to drill the holes in the stucco for me.  I bought a new drill bit and everything, but when my hole kept getting bigger in circumference instead of depth, I panicked and called good ole Mike!  He didn't even charge me!  He also recommended that I hang them a little higher than the ground because of rain soaking into the bottom.  Good advice.  Great guy!  I eventually need to paint the brackets, but it works for now!

Here are more pictures.  Accessorizing will come later.


Don't forget to "follow" me on this blog.  Sign up to get automatic updates so you are sure not to miss any posts!  Have a great weekend!  Let's see what else I can accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...